50g puy lentils
2 Sweet Potatoes
2 handfuls of Rocket or any other green leafy vegetable
Optional (but very tasty) extra’s
50g feta or halloumi
30g mixed nuts (obviously do not add these if you have a nut allergy)
Salt, Pepper and chilli flakes for seasoning
Preheat oven to 180oC gas mark 6
Wash your sweet potato thoroughly. Chop into 1cm cubes, Place on a baking tray. Season well and drizzle olive oil on top
Carefully place in the oven. Let them gently roast for 20/25 minutes
Whilst waiting for the sweet potato, Place your lentils in a pan; pour in enough hot water to completely cover them
Bring the pan to the boil and let them simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
Break up your feta
Drain your lentils, season well and squirt lime juice in for flavour
By now your sweet potato should be soft, place in a bowl, add your greens, lentils cheese and nuts
Add a drizzle of balsamic and chili to your taste
3 Parsnips, peeled and chopped
300ml Vegetable Stock
100g Cooked Chestnuts you can leave these out if you have a nut allergy.
For the Cranberry Jam
25g Cranberries (these can be frozen)
1 tbsp. of maple syrup
1 tbsp. Chia seeds
1. Add a touch of olive oil into a pan
2. Add the onion to the pan, stirring until tender, and then add the parsnips.
3. Cook for another 5 mins, and then crumble in the Vegetable stock cube.
4. Add 300ml water and chestnuts.
5. Cover and simmer for 30 mins until the parsnip is tender.
6. Add cranberries, chia seeds, 1tablespoon of maple syrup and ½ chilli chopped into a pan and put on a low heat, stirring occasionally.
7. When the cranberries have softened, take this off the heat and allow to cool
8. Blitz with blender, then season to taste.
9. Ladle into bowls and top with the Cranberry and chia seed jam.
This recipe is 4 servings, however, it can be frozen and easily reheated when you are ready for your next fix of creamy winter wonderland soup.